martes, 15 de septiembre de 2015

Things I learned in my 20's


During my 20’s I dealt with so many things that seemed impossible to manage. Now I look back and I think I solved some of them.

How to lose weight or how to be happy with your weight
The next thing I learned was how to lose weight. While in University studying architecture I gained some weight. For all that time I tried so many things to be fitter. I created a very tense relationship with me and food. My mother is also suggesting me to look like miss universe and obviously she used to hide every piece of bread from me. That all just made me hungrier. My diets and everyone else’s diets.
One day I read that the best way to lose weight is having an athletic goal. That was perfect as I also was training for races all the time. The big race was the New York Marathon. After accepting the challenge everything changed. I had a personal trainer that said. “Every pound you have will make it more difficult when running. Imagine running and carrying one or two pounds of rice. In the end you would be tired right? That is how your weight is limiting your capacity. You need to lose weight.” And so I trained and really felt the motivation to go faster and further and so I tried to avoid portions feeling they will only make me slower.
When training for a marathon you end up running from 15 to 30 kilometers on any weekend. When you realize you have done that for months. Obviously my family saw that and started asking me to eat more. They offered me any food they could just to keep me healthy after the runs. And guess what? You realize you are not desperate about food any more. You start listening your body. I was size 8 now I am size 2 or 0?
I encourage you to find something that will make you change your connection with food. Thanks God I really enjoy every bite I eat nowadays.


About Saying the right thing
I though that I was not saying the right words. I though I needed to be more accurate when expressing my feelings. What I learned is that the best word is the one didn’t say. Wait for maybe two weeks. Feelings and emotions are like the ocean waves. One day they are high and the other day they are low. Try to be rational in what you say. Try to avoid saying unless its really beautiful.